May 21, 2008

Giving


I won't forget yesterday that is the 20th of May. For days prior to that, I had taken a letter slip from Silvy Aunty in Millwoods bearing the name of The Leukamia and Lymphoma Society of Canada. I badly wanted to donate some money there, but I dint. Felt I will do it later and hence kept on procrastinating.
I dint have a comfortable experience staying in Hub. So as I vacated, I was supposed to give the room as per 'move in' conditions. I did the best I could. The penalities for a small stain is $50. On the final day, my friend Mandeep saw the place. He commented, Tenny you would be fortunate if you get at least $10. I had suffered more than enough staying in that place with all the accumulated bad experiences, I felt fortunate, at least I am getting my life back!!
Coming back, the urge to donate was more than I anticipated. So yours truly went to www.lls.org and signed up for a monthly donation of $15 in the name of my late grandfather.
Later in the noon, I made myself to the UofA Residences Office to enquire about the fate of my security deposit, knowing fully that I wont get anything. When I asked the receptionist, she said "Well Tenny, you will get $153.50 as your deposit with $3.50 as accumulated interest!!!!!!
Well giving is magical than we could ever think!!
“If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart” Arab Proverb

Image courtesy: http://www.walnutstreet.org/images/giving.jpg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this Tenny! Thank you for sharing with me...don't forget to add this to your facebook profile. Shukriya mere dosti!