Oct 9, 2007

The feeling one has after looking at this picture is exactly the feeling in my mind!!!
I was watching an amazing movie recently...well not one but two. I will tell about the latter later and focus on the former. It was a movie called Kramer vs Kramer. Well for the illiterates who have scrapped me asking me whether the cutie gal in the pic above is my daughter so or something like that (the fact remains I would love to get a daughter like her any day, Period!!. Ok coming to the movie which was released at a time when yours truly din't even see the world, 1979; starring Dustin Hoffman (one amazing actor), Meryl Streep and a host of other characters. Well the movie is about how the mother (played by Meryl Streep) walks out of a marriage citing reasons for satisfactory pursuits in her life, and how the character of Kramer raises up the kid singularly to a point of being comfortable with this priorities looking after the kid, the mother returns and asks for the kid back which breaks into a Court case for custody that was won by the latter. Still the scene where the kid and dad in their last day together have breakfast, the scene where the mother breaks down and decides not to take the kid with her are really heart warming and I believe the Oscar award, the movie received was justified. The fact is, wait before I divulge further more let me be honest. This is not an article about male chauvinism. But the point I wish to make is that there is no rule anywhere that stipulates that raising a kid is the sole responsibility of the mother. Males make better husbands too and from the amazing experiences with cooking I had, better cooks too. Then we have the usual yak yak, males subdue females in their pursuits and blah blah. I feel females are lazy and have been used to the blame game for so long. That's enough I guess else the female readers of this blog (I wonder if anyone reads the trash I put in, but I am satisfied with writing regularly so its doesn't make a difference..!! :) )
The picture above of this kid is so heart warming and full of joy. It represents the same feeling I am having now after all those miraculous events of the past few days which I will be posting soon in my blog, still I feel the the message I wish to convey through this pic is the same feeling one has as you see this lovely pic...(I promise this article will be continued...) cheers!

1 comment:

Anoop said...

Nice pic..and yeah I agree with you.. there are women who demand equal rights but also want reservation in parliament!! Weird world!!