Nov 6, 2007

Revenge....
I sit in my cellar each day,
Looking out at the bay,
with clenched fists,
mind full of twists,
of despair and anger,
at the man responsible for this misery.

Oh! revenge what a sweet feeling,
when accomplished with the doing,
with the reaction to the action,
that made me in this condition.
I wait each day,
looking at the bay,
for the day of my freedom.

Out! you go, for you are free,
screamed the jailor,
throwing at me my clothes,
and opened the doors,
of freedom so, much desired!

I go to the man who was,
responsible for my loss,
a mind full of vengeance,
and a heart of anger.
Today, I avenge my misery!
I reach his house fast as I can carry,
for time is too short for remorse.

I see a procession of people,
full of black,
with a walk so sad,
I ask one of them,
the reply made me jump!
for the man I wanted to avenge,
had met his revenge....
tenny poems#4

“Revenge... is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion.”

Albert Schweitzer

No comments: